Double Down – Blackjack Exciting Move to Make a Profit
If you are a player who still does not know what does double down mean in blackjack, read this post to the end to find out everything you need about this useful option. This is one of the most popular blackjack gaming action – such as splitting as example – that can help you win an impressive amount of money. Even if you are new to this card game, you should know what double down blackjack bet is because this knowledge is essential. But you must also be able to use this tool to find the perfect balance between safety and risk. So, it’s time to learn how to use double down to win big.
What is Double Down in Blackjack?
At the beginning of the game, while the dealer has not dealt cards, you can place your bet. However, if you have already received cards, in most cases you lose the opportunity to make an additional bet – but this is not about double down blackjack strategy. This option allows you to make an additional bet equivalent to the ante in return for one card (but not more than one). Then you will receive your third card to complete your hand – and now wait for the dealer has done his work to see his cards. What is the benefit to you? We will discuss this below. Keep in mind that playing some variations of blackjack, you can use double down only with a total of 9-11. However, some versions of blackjack allow you to use this option for any total.
Rules of Double Down
So, now you know what is double down in blackjack – and can use it in practice. As you already understood, the blackjack double down rules can vary from casino to casino – however, you should already know them when you sit down at the table:
- The best casinos allow you to double down blackjack for any two-card total without any restrictions – this is a great opportunity for players to increase potential income in any profitable situations.
- Opportunity to double on three cards or more – this option is offered only in some rare blackjack variations. However, if you find such a game then do not lose your chance as the casino advantage will be reduced by 0.2%. So, this feature allows you to double down even if you have three cards in your hand – and get an extra payment by putting the dealer in a weak position.
- Double down for less than initial bet. This option is used by those who do not want to reach deeper into their pockets. However, we do not recommend double for less as it is not a good idea if your goal is to win really big.
So let’s see how double down blackjack works. The chance that you hit a starting total of 11 against the dealers 10 is approximately 56%. This means that you will win 56 hands out of 100. With an initial bet of $ 20, the total gain will be $ 1120, the total loss will be $ 880 – which ultimately means a profit of $ 240.
When to Double Down in Blackjack – Best Cases to Act
There are three possible situations when you should take a chance and to double down:
- With total of 11 which means you have an amazing opportunity to hit 21.
- With soft 16-18 (Ace + any card) if the dealer is showing cards that are worse.
- With hard 9-10 (without Ace in hand) in case when the dealer showing low card.
Keep in mind that double down blackjack is not a strategy that will lead you to constant winnings. It just a good tool that will allow you to significantly increase your potential profit in the long run.